Invaluable, the world’s largest online live auction marketplace is rapidly disrupting the traditional auction industry by bringing millions of passionate bidders and buyers to the virtual doorstep of auction houses around the world. Featuring an industry-leading live online bidding platform, Invaluable allows consumers to bid in real-time in the world’s premier auctions from their home, office or mobile device.
As the leading developer of SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry, Invaluable provides auctioneers with marketing and e-commerce solutions across Invaluable and AuctionZip web properties, as well as access to RFC Systems, the company’s auction management software. Invaluable’s best-in-class historical price database includes more than 58 million complete auction results, totaling more than $204 billion in value. Founded in 1989 in Boston, Invaluable also has offices in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
As the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for scaling and enhancing the team, structure, processes, and measurements to help drive rapid sales growth; develop strategic initiatives for targeted markets and help drive the Company's strategic direction to achieve long-term success. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual who has a demonstrated track record of success leading an outbound sales team. You must be a team oriented, passionate, overachieving, hands-on coach and leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who drives and delivers tremendous results.
- Recognize and celebrate wins; foster a high-performance environment with a focus on recognition
- Identify key sales metrics, define and measure the sales process to develop benchmarks for growth
- Assess and define optimal sales organization structure and processes
- Provide leadership through innovation, finding new ways to leverage our outbound sales force
- Collaborate with marketing, product management, and technology business leaders to ensure optimal support of sales activity
- Participate in the development of strategy and operating plans for the business
- Serve as an active member of the Senior Management Team and build strong, collaborative relationships throughout the organization
- Create a lively and resilient culture adept at navigating change
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 + years of outstanding results in leading outbound sales organizations, preferably in a software environment for small to mid-sized, growing companies with at least 2 years of progressive leadership responsibility
- Sales organization structure, process, and measurement focus through past experiences building them from early stage through rapid business growth
- Results-driven coach, mentor and role model who manages and develops best-in-class talent and drives group results through teamwork and individual performance improvement
- Collaborative team player and strong desire to achieve results while respecting the company's core values framework
- Strong business acumen with analytical ability to assess the business and drive the organization forward
- Able to create and foster a highly energized sale and metrics-driven culture that enables and expects high performance
- Excellent communication skills and networking abilities
- Able to lead tactically as well as strategically
- Self-managed and self-motivated; able to perform job requirements with minimal amount of supervision
- Possess high level of initiative
- Previous experience with Salesforce required