Invaluable, the world’s largest online live auction marketplace is rapidly disrupting the traditional auction industry by bringing millions of passionate bidders and buyers to the virtual doorstep of auction houses around the world. Featuring an industry-leading live online bidding platform, Invaluable allows consumers to bid in real-time in the world’s premier auctions from their home, office or mobile device.
As the leading developer of SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry, Invaluable provides auctioneers with marketing and e-commerce solutions across Invaluable and AuctionZip web properties, as well as access to RFC Systems, the company’s auction management software. Invaluable’s best-in-class historical price database includes more than 58 million complete auction results, totaling more than $204 billion in value. Founded in 1989 in Boston, Invaluable also has offices in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
Invaluable is seeking a Director of Product Management who has the talent, experience and drive to join the Product Management team and make a significant contribution to our company. This position will be responsible for key aspects of Invaluable’s core B2C and B2B products. He/she will lead a team responsible for multiple projects while working with stakeholders, customers and the technology team to define solutions that drive the business forward.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand the key functionality and levers behind Invaluable products and identify opportunities for optimization of those components and/or the development of new products to improve business results.
- Directly lead and mentor a team of experienced Product Managers
- Lead the product team to ensure on-time, frequent delivery of user improvements and enhancements effectively using agile, lean, and other relevant work practices in order to measure velocity, improve releases and deliver value
- Set the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into product enhancements and new features.
- Write detailed requirements, build use cases and user stories around the product features and communicate them effectively with stakeholders
- Work closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Lead/conduct primary research with auctioneers, auction houses, and bidders to identify opportunities and translate those problems into concrete improvements to our product set.
- Collaborate with engineers to understand technical trade-offs during product definition and delivery while staying honest to business and/or user needs.
- Develop a vision of how Invaluable products can be enhanced and integrated into future versions of the Invaluable platform. Work closely with Product Management and Technology to define that vision as work is undertaken on new platform functionality.
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements
- Be responsible for communicating product strategy, status, and all product issues to key stakeholders across Invaluable.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of product management experience with 3+ years managing product team members. Experience with e-commerce products a plus.
- Experience developing product strategy, defining product requirements, leading teams and working cross-functionally on development projects.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations at all levels of management.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment leveraging Scrum
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills; must be comfortable performing data analysis and making data-driven decisions
- Experience talking to customers and a demonstrated ability to translate findings into solutions and product innovation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to identify and solve problems, take initiative, and act collaboratively with team members and internal partners.
- Ability to determine how to use resources and time to meet schedules and business objectives.
- An underlying passion for technology and delivering superior web-based solutions and experiences.
- Experience with responsive design experiences and native mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related area of study and/or relevant experience. MBA a plus.